Come grow with our team. The Harker School in San Jose, CA, seeks applicants for the position of Custodian. This is a full time position with medical benefits and 30 paid days off each year. Starting pay is $16/hr. Work schedule is Monday - Friday, 2:30pm - 11:00pm. Location may vary among four local campuses.
The Harker School is a coeducational, non-sectarian, college preparatory school serving grades Preschool through 12. Located in San Jose, Harker has four campuses located within minutes of each other. For over 100 years, Harker's mission has remained constant: to create an environment that promotes academic excellence, inspires intellectual curiosity, expects personal accountability and forever instills a genuine passion for learning. For more information on The Harker School, please visit the website at www.harker.org.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Working as part of a dedicated team passionate about The Harker School, you will maintain the cleanliness and interior appearance, health and safety of all assigned school buildings. Following your routine but being flexible with duty changes, you will work independently and as part of a team performing such tasks as setting rooms up for special events, student vacation cleaning assignments, and annual school start-up activities.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- Experience in commercial cleaning procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of safe work practices with cleaning chemicals.
- Experience using vacuums, buffers, carpet extractors and other powered floor machines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced role with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate building security alarm systems.
- Must have the ability to communicate & understand in effective verbal English
- Ability to hear individuals, groups, telephone and intercom communications, public address announcements, emergency signals, etc.
- Must be able to see and read safety notices.
- Must possess effective eye-hand and foot-hand-eye coordination.
WHAT ELSE IS REQUIRED?
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs to a 4 ft height and up to 25 ft.
- Ability to push and pull 250 lbs up to 100 feet on platform type cargo dollie.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Must be able to tolerate aerobic activities of job including constant standing, walking, and grasping
- Frequent crouching, turning/twisting, and bending
- Occasional sitting, kneeling, driving, climbing, reaching, handling, fingering and throwing
The Harker School will respond only to those candidates who meet the qualifications and requirements of the position. The Harker School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to complete an application in person, please visit one of our four campuses to obtain an application from the reception area.